Monday, April 5, 2010

Back to the Garden

It has been many years since I've been conscious of my garden.  The thought of gardening rarely entered my mind.  I was so busy being a workaholic, I had no time, no attention for something like gardening, something that I thought I could never live without, while growing up.  Home became a bed that I slept in, for less than half of the year.  Even after not working for a couple of years, it wasn't until when we went shopping for Austen's birthday presents, that my interest in gardening was piqued.

Austen and I went to Walmart to get this fish tank that he wanted.  We wandered into the plants section and  we each picked out a few plants.  We took them home and decided that the existing garden was too weedy and not adequate for the plants that we bought.  We went to Agway and bought pots (not knowing that we already had tons of pots in the shed out back) and soil, and more plants.

The deck is beginning to look like what the decks from all my previous homes looked like.  I'm inspired to clear out the courtyard and the flower beds; areas neglected for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment