Monday, April 5, 2010

Austen's Birthday

Yesterday was Austen's 15th birthday.  I let him sleep in, without waking him to walk the dogs.  When he finally got up, I made him scrambled eggs and English muffins.   He waited patiently as I blew the eggs out of the shells.  I thought I would have time to decorate some eggs, but never got around to it.  He made sure to thank me for making him scrambled eggs in a pan, instead of in the microwave.  He hates microwaved eggs.

After breakfast, we went and got his fish.  He picked out four different goldfishes and named them Attila, Octavius, Alexander, and Hannibal.


He also picked out a water plant and a bridge.

Before we got the fish, Austen asked me if I wanted to shop somewhere else first.   What he meant to say was, he wanted to go to Gamestop first.  We went to Gamestop and I got him three games, all involving fighting or violence.  When I asked why all violent games, he said, they only come in violent.

We started shopping for Austen's birthday, days ago.  We had each gotten really nice journals.  I got Austen a calligraphy set.

He writes in the journal with his new pen, everyday.  He said the pen set was his best gift.  I haven't started writing in my journal yet.  I'm still looking for the perfect pen.

We had picked out a bunch of flowers at Agway and Montgomery Nursery.  Austen picked out most of them.  He got a venus fly trap (that lives in my room now, because his room is too dark),

a really pretty pink frilly petaled begonia,

a strawberry plant,

and bright red dinner plate dahlia tubers.  

I picked out a pale pink 

and a orange and yellow begonia, 

ranunculus,

and some veggies.  

Austen helped me pick out some violas and pansies.

For dinner, originally, we were supposed to go to Mitsuwa for ramen, but Austen changed his mind and wanted all-you-can-eat-sushi.  He really doesn't like long car rides.  I think he also saw how tired I was and may have suggested sushi, for my sake.  He's such a good kid!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely birthday! Good kid! Enjoy him while he's still at home.

    ReplyDelete